Hi David

Thanks for the reply. I have been having some limited success with
EclipseLink. I dump all queries from mysql into a log file and watch it
with tail -f /var/log/mysql/querylog. Simple technique and I can see all
queries being executed on the server when I run my project using
Eclipselink when I do a entitymanager.find(SomeClass.Class, Value) call
the JPA provider does not execute any SQL on the server.

If I run it with openJPA I can see SELECT col1,col2 FROM SomeClassTable
WHERE PrimaryKey =Value being executed. Now I am running geronimo 2.2.1
and I think the built in caching is probably a JPA2 specification. I
might be wrong here. However as we are dealing with a system where data
are mostly read only caching would be a great performance booster. I
tried installing the OpenJPA2 plugins for Geronimo but they have some
issue. So I am kind of stuck.

Will let you know what I find out as I progress.

Regards
Neil