Did not see your deployment plan, so I guess the shared lib artifact is
added as a dependency, and use the hidden-classes configurations there,
right ?
If it does, the hidden-classes is taken action for your application. which
means if the classes in the hidden list is required to load, it won't check
the parents of the application, including the shared lib dependency. It
should work if those jars are put in the WEB-INF/lib folder, I saw you
mentioned it as WEB-INF/libs, is it a typo error or the incorrect name is
used ?

There is another way to make it work, in this case, the jar files configured
in the shared lib gbean will be added in your application classloader, and
with hidden-classes configured, those classes will always be loaded from the
application classloader.
a. remove the shared lib dependency
b. add a shared lib gbean in your deployment plan

IIRC, placing jar files in the lib folder will not be loaded by the system
classloader, as those jar file list is hard coded in the start-up jar files.
For the endorsed folder, you might double chcek with java doc for its using
scenario.
Hope it helps.

--
Ivan