You can do an approximate betweenness centrality, by picking a random set
of nodes, say 10, and doing shortest paths from them. We had done something
similar in GPS (another open-source Pregel I work on for my thesis). It's
described in this tech report (http://ppl.stanford.edu/papers/tr_gm_gps.pdf).
But as Claudio says all pairs shortest paths would be infeasible in Giraph.