All:
   I am trying to get the Giraph 0.2 snapshot (pulled via GIT on Friday)
to build and run with CDH4.

I modified the pom.xml to provide a profile for my specific version (4.1.1).
The build works (mvn -Phadoop_cdh4.1.1 clean package test) and passes
all the tests.

If I try to do the next step and submit to my cluster with the command:
mvn -Phadoop_cdh4.1.1 test -Dprop.mapred.job.tracker=10.1.94.53:8021 -Dgiraph.zkList=10.1.94.104:2181

the JSON test in core fails. If I move that test out of the way a whole bunch of tests in examples
fail.  They all fail with:
java.io.IOException: Cannot initialize Cluster. Please check your configuration for mapreduce.framework.name and the correspond server addresses.

I have tried passing mapreduce.framework.name as both local and classic. I have also set those values in my mapreduce-site.xml.

Interestingly I can run the pagerank benchmark in code with the command:
hadoop jar ./giraph-core/target/giraph-0.2-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.0.0-cdh4.1.3-jar-with-dependencies.jar org.apache.giraph.benchmark.PageRankBenchmark -Dmapred.child.java-opts="-Xmx64g -Xms64g XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit" -Dgiraph.zkList=10.1.94.104:2181 -e 1 -s 3 -v -V 50000 -w 83
And it completes just fine.

I have searched high and low for documents and examples on how to run the example programs from other
than maven but have not found any thing.

Any help or suggestions  would be greatly appreciated.

THanks.

--
========= mailto:db...@data-tactics.com ============
David W. Boyd
Director, Engineering, Research and Development
Data Tactics Corporation
7901 Jones Branch, Suite 240
Mclean, VA 22102
office:   +1-703-506-3735, ext 308
fax:     +1-703-506-6703
cell:     +1-703-402-7908
============== http://www.data-tactics.com/ ============
and/or confidential and protected from disclosure.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to
this message and deleting the material from any computer.