Hi,
The problem with the above scenario since all vertices will call vote to
halt, there will be no active vertices left for the next superstep since
none of the vertices receive a message. So, the program will terminate on
zeroth superstep itself. If you want access to the output of the aggregator
you can
1. Not call voteToHalt in the superstep 0 but call it in superstep 1 where
you get the aggregated value before calling it.
2. Use an aggregator writer class the saves the aggregated output to file.
I don't know if Aggregator writer is present in the release branch of
giraph. But, it is surely present in its trunk branch which I suggest you
work off.
Thanks