I would assume that it depends on your data. A graph is a very general
structure, and it is difficult to attack this problem in general. The most
obvious one is transitive closure (if A is connected to B and B to C then A
could be conntected to C). The triangle counting example in our codebase
(although the name is misleading) is based on these kinds of assumptions.

--
   Claudio Martella
   claudio.marte...@gmail.com