On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 9:44 AM, Alexander Frolov
<alexndr.fro...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  Thank you, I will try to do this. As I understood I should set number of
>> threads manually through Giraph API.
>>
>> BTW, what is conceptual difference between running multiple workers on
>> the TaskTracker and running single worker and multiple threads? In terms of
>> vertex fetching, memory sharing etc.

Basically, better usage of resources: one single JVM, no duplication of
core data structures, less netty threads and communication points, more
locality (less messages over the network), less actors accessing zookeeper
etc.

>>  Also I would like to ask how message transfer between vertices is
> implemented in terms of Hadoop primitives? Source code reference will be
> enough.

Communication does not happen via Hadoop primitives, but ad-hoc via netty.

--
   Claudio Martella