I saw in the documentation that InternalVertexRunner has a configuration
field (LOCAL_ZOOKEEPER_PORT) does that mean I have to have Zookeper
installed and configured? Also what else would I need to have installed to
test that way?

I couldn't find any good guides how to do this online so I'm thankful for
every hint. So thanks everyone for the help so far.