Hi,
I'm using giraph-1.2 for my master thesis in computer science. I developed
in giraph the calculus of 4-profiles like
eelenberg.github.io/Elenberg4profileWWW16.pdf
I succesfully configured and runned giraph-1.2 and hadoop-2.5.1 in pseudo
distributed mode on my local pc with this configuration
<https://we.tl/dB0PmGhUPX>.

In pseudo distributed mode I launch my giraph program with following
parameters:
giraph MY_JAR.jar SUPERSTEP0_CLASS -ca
giraph.master.observers=MY_OBSERVER_CLASS -mc MY_MASTER_CLASS -eif
MY_CUSTOM_INPUT_FORMAT -eip input.txt -vof
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op output -w 1
-ca giraph.SplitMasterWorker=false -ca io.edge.reverse.duplicator=true

Then I tryed to use amazon ec2 with a simple cluster of 3 nodes with this other
configuration <https://we.tl/Gbv9q0nQ7h> but I obtain the error below. I
also re-tryed pseudo-distributed mode in amazon ec2 with only 1 node and I
obtain the same error below, but on my local pc it works!!!
I'm using ubuntu 16.04 both in local and in ec2.

Obviously I tried an hadoop example on my ec2 cluster and it works.
Please help me because I'm blocked with my master this for this error! I
red many forums about this error and I checked many times that I have only
protobuf-java-2.5.0.jar inside hadoop-2.5.2 and giraph-1.2 both in ec2 and
in my local pc.

FATAL [main] org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster: Error starting
MRAppMaster
java.lang.VerifyError: class
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.proto.YarnProtos$ApplicationIdProto overrides final
method getUnknownFields.()Lcom/google/protobuf/UnknownFieldSet;
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:467)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:73)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:361)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349)
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2671)
        at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1825)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.factories.impl.pb.RecordFactoryPBImpl.newRecordInstance(RecordFactoryPBImpl.java:62)
        at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.Records.newRecord(Records.java:36)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.records.ApplicationId.newInstance(ApplicationId.java:49)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.ConverterUtils.toApplicationAttemptId(ConverterUtils.java:137)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.util.ConverterUtils.toContainerId(ConverterUtils.java:177)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.MRAppMaster.main(MRAppMaster.java:1391)

INFO [main] org.apache.hadoop.util.ExitUtil: Exiting with status 1

Links of configurafion files works until 4 August 2018 but I can re-send
them.

Many Thanks

Best Regards

--