Hi Tom,

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 12:44 AM, Tom Running <runningt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am just wondering.  How is building GORA will help with anything in my
> situation?  probably not, right? it doesn't seem I need to use any of the
> built.

If you build Gora from master branch e.g. https://github.com/apache/gora,
and use the built artifacts then you will be using the development version.
This means that any fixes or additions to the codebase will be available
within your Nutch stack.
If you are using Gora 0.6.1 which is what is available within Nutch 2.3.1,
then you don't need to build Gora.

> It seems GORA already included in the SOLR 2.X and HBASE .98.9 release.
> Is this a correct assumption?

Nope, but once you build your Nutch application it is included within your
Nutch lib directory. You can follow the directions I've already given then
search lib and you will see the Gora dependencies. These are then used to
1) build a webpage (and host) table in HBase. You can then index your crawl
data to Solr if you wish to build indexes.
hth
Lewis