I think that 2 is probably how this is done down in Avro however I am not
100% sure mate.
If you look at the Gora Jira space and query the issues by component
gora-compiler you can see that the compiler needs a bit of TLC. I'll prob
try to start in this issue towards the end of the week. Input on the
relevant JIRA issue would be grand if folk want to help out.
Ta

--
*Lewis*