Just as another data point, we have modules with 1,200 functional tests
(not unit tests!) that only take 45 minutes to run using Gradle.  I'm sure
they would take just as long using Ant.  However, I'm not sure how much
output is produced by these tests (other than "Success" or "Failure"), so
it might be some difference like that.  But, I don't think it's only
because of the number of tests.

--
John Murph
Automated Logic Research Team