I just released Gradle-Git, which has some Git tasks and plugins.  The most
useful plugin at this point is the 'gh-pages' one which will upload source
files to your gh-pages branch on Github.  The DSL needs work, and I'm sure
there are plenty of other issues, so please let me know either directly, on
the issues section of the Github repo, or create a pull request if you have
any issues or suggestions.

See the README for usage information.

https://github.com/ajoberstar/gradle-git

I based all of this on Peter's Git tasks below.  Thanks for sharing them!

Andrew Oberstar