De : Jonathan Hankins <jhank...@homewood.k12.al.us>
Envoyé : mardi 9 janvier 2018 20:31
À : user@guacamole.apache.org
Objet : Re: High Availability in Guacamole Client

What are your users connecting to on the back end? I have a haproxy sitting
between guacamole and our RDP servers (not using connection broker) and am
using a combination of group policy session limits and mstshash cookie to
create session "stickiness" for our users (i.e., always reconnect to your
existing session, with failover.)

-Jonathan Hankins

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018, 12:28 PM Thiago dos Santos Nunes
<thi...@digitalinformatica.com.br<mailto:thi...@digitalinformatica.com.br>>
wrote:

I really need help with High Availability for the Guacamole client.

How could I implement this? Mainly regarding the maintenance of the session of
the users independent of the server that it connects and also the maintenance
of the number of concurrent users that a connection can receive.

Let me give you an example:

I have 3 frontend servers (client guacamole). And my users can connect in a
certain connection only 3 at the same time (or 5 or whatever). But as each time
a user connects in a frontend it falls on a different frontend these 3
connections can reach up to 9 (3 connections x number of frontend). Think about
20 diferent types of connections in one server

Today for me to control the use of resources of the servers and the licensing
is VERY DIFFICULT.

I do not know much about programming and in our environment we can not deploy a
solution like hazelcast (because of cost, very expensive).

Today we use Tomcat 8.5 (we can change it if necessary) and pfsense with
HAProxy enabled balancing between them (but no session persistence in case of a
crash or simultaneous access control).

Please if you could help me I would be VERY, VERY THANKFUL.

Stay with GOD!

Aude et Effice!
[Assinatura E-mail]

This e-mail is intended only for the recipient and may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, the review,
distribution, duplication or retention of this message and its attachments is
prohibited. Please notify the sender of this error immediately by reply e-mail,
and permanently delete this message and its attachments in any form in which
they may have been preserved.