I am experiencing „flaky“ connections recently with plain mstsc RDP
connections, w10pro to w10pro. I suspect Microsoft introduced a regression
recently.

Regards, Joachim

Von: Peter Gui <pguit...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Tuesday, 22 October 2019 01:14
An: user@guacamole.apache.org
Betreff: Windows 10 flaky RDP

Hello everyone.

I was just wondering if any one has experience with remote desktop in Windows
10 pro.

I am running Windows 10 pro in a VirtualBox VM. I have Guacamole configured to
work with remote desktop but I am frustrated with the connection. The most
reproducible version of this problem is a simple browser refresh of Guacamole's
Windows connection, on reload I get the error message "The connection has been
closed because the server is taking too long to respond..."  The worst part is
that I have to reboot the VM to get it working again. I have Windows configured
with the following settings:

modified registry keys
<https://mangolassi.it/topic/17846/make-windows-10-server-2016-rdp-work-with-guacamole>

ignore cert and security
<http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#rdp>

I also have a Linux VM running VNC works much more consistently. And VRDE
<https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch07.html#vrde>  (VirtualBox's RDP client)
also works consistently.

I see 4 potential solutions to this problem:

*       Spend more time trying to configure remote desktop in Windows.
*       Install Windows Server (which would have the added benefit of allowing
multiple connections.
*       Install and use TightVNC instead of remote desktop (also may allow
multiple connections)
*       Switch to purely using VRDE for my Windows connections (most limiting
and hacky feeling solution)

Let me know what you think of these options or if you have another solution.

Thanks