From:   "Thiago Cruz" <thiagoc...@gmail.com>
To:     user@guacamole.apache.org
Date:   04/09/20 03:21 PM
Subject:        Re: randomely showing localhost IP in guacamole user
history

Daniel,

Try insert "0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1" into your "internalProxies" parameter at
RemoteIpValve.

Thiago Cruz

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 4:15 PM <dmoscovi...@simard.ca> wrote:
Hi
Tushar

from catalina.out , and its the 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 that seems to be an issue.

good user
14:32:54.531 [http-bio-8080-exec-2857] INFO
 o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - User "USER123" successfully
authenticated from 123.123.123.123.
14:33:12.408 [http-bio-8080-exec-2858] INFO
 o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - User "USER123" successfully
authenticated from 123.123.123.123.

picky user
14:59:19.947 [http-bio-8080-exec-3271] INFO
 o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - User "USER456" successfully
authenticated from 222.222.222.222.
14:59:48.577 [http-bio-8080-exec-3272] INFO
 o.a.g.r.auth.AuthenticationService - User "USER456" successfully
authenticated from [222.222.222.222, 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1].

The only thing i can say is...maybe... the ORDER of the lines in the log
file seem to sometimes be reversed? meaning sometimes the one with [ xxx .
0::] is first. but it's hard to tell.

which ssl file do you mean?
currently its setup under nginx/sites-enabled/default

just this and some SSL certificate things...

server {
    listen 443 ssl;

    server_name     guacamole.localdomain.local
MyServerr.myrealdomainname.com;
    root /usr/share/nginx/MyRoot;
    index index.html;

 location /MYSUBDIRECTORY/ {
            # I am running the Tomcat7 and Guacamole on the local server
            proxy_pass http://localhost:8080/guacamole/;
            proxy_redirect  off;
            proxy_buffering off;
            proxy_http_version 1.1;
            proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
            proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
            proxy_cookie_path /guacamole/ /MYSUBDIRECTORY/;
            access_log off;
#          break;
    }

\danielm