Hello,

I have been working on adapting my script for installing and configuring
Guac on RHEL/CentOS 7.x to working with 8.x. (current 7.x version here for
reference: https://github.com/Zer0CoolX/guacamole-install-rhel).

One of the biggest challenges I am facing is with package names changing or
packages being removed entirely from official repos (and even trustworthy
3rd party repos) with RHEL/CentOS 8.x. It seems as if the page:
https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html has not been
updated to reflect RHEL/CentOS 8.x

Good examples are as follows:

- libtelnet
- libtelnet-devel
- libwebsocket
- libwebsocket-devel
- libssh2
- libssh2-devel

It appears these packages are no longer in the official repos. Is there
another trustworthy/reliable repo to grab them from? To be honest, I am not
too worried about telnet, but Kubernetes support seems like something
I/people would want to have and while epel-testing lists libwebsockets it
will not install (needs libuv and cant find it). I did find libssh2 in epel
and that appears to be installable.

Tomcat has also been removed from the repos, seemingly on purpose by Red
Hat. Is the best way to use Tomcat on RHEL/CentOS 8.x to get the tar.gz
direct from the official site and unpack it/configure it or is there a
trustworthy/reliable repo with Tomcat 9.x for RHEL/CentOS 8.x I am unaware
of?

Laslty, libjpeg-turbo. The dev has a yum repo that I have used, but it
appears it only pulls libjpeg-turbo and not libjpeg-turbo-devel. Is there
any benefit to having LJT 2.x (or whatever the latest version is) with the
LJT-devel package from official repos (1.5.x I think at this time)? Should I
just use both versions from the OS repos (1.5.x)?

Any help is greatly appreciated and will hopefully go beyond just helping
myself. Thanks!

--
Sent from: