Hello Team,

is there any reason why you don´t leverage automated builds on docker hub?

The benefit I see is that testing bug fixes or even testing with newer
builds more frequently would become easier if I don´t need to pull the
source and build on my own but can just reference a different tag. As
“latest” is usually used for the most recent released version, you could
pick the branch name, or “nightly” or whatever.

As an experiment, I forked guacamole-server on github and configured a
docker hub build against that, and it worked with the default build rule
except that I changed latest to master in second iteration. I did a smoke
test and it appears to work.

However, afaik there is no means on github to force a fork to mirror the
source repository automatically, nor can I configure a docker hub build
against a repository owned by someone else.

Thus getting a nightly build would involve extra script code to sync the
fork, which would be unnecessary if you configure it.

Thanks for your  consideration.

Best Regards,

Joachim