So long as the builds are clearly labelled, there's no issue with producing
nightlies of the Docker images. We would probably have to use Jenkins for
this.

Regarding automated build system at Docker Hub, the reason we do not
leverage that specific system is one of access level. We simply do not have
sufficient privileges within the ASF's GitHub mirrors to grant Docker
access. Our release process involves manually building and pushing the
images. An automated nightly process would be similar.

- Mike