I ran into this issue just now.

The problem manifested itself in an orange screen being presented to users, and disconnection either immediately upon login, or shortly after. The only change to the system was that freerdp had updated from 2.0.0 to 2.1.1

For anyone wanting the quick fix (Ubuntu 18.04), this is what I did:

ldconfig -v | grep libfree (show current version)
apt install aptitude (it dealt with dependencies much better)
apt-cache showpkg freerdp2-dev (show packages available)
aptitude install freerdp2-dev=2.0.0~git20170725.1.1648deb+dfsg1-7 (choose and [re]install 2.0.0)
ldconfig -v | grep libfree (check correct package installed)

This has been reported elsewhere and Mike has suggested rebuilding guacamole-server should also deal with it, as it needs to be compiled against a changed version of freerdp.

For various reasons I didn't do that (production server and needed to get going asap), so at this stage I can't say for sure that recompiling does resolve the problem. However it would probably be the best resolution as you would then be using the later version of freerdp, which should deal with one or two other issues (such as disconnect on right-click of start menu etc).