FYI I attach an example of the login screen to a 'faulty' connection.

I realise it's a bit small, but you get the idea. The degree of orange varies, in this instance there's still a small section of the correct green (top left), in other cases there's more of the green - but it usually gets eaten up by the orange in time.

The orange persists within the connection, however it's not a mask or screen as I first thought - it appears to be when translating certain colours, and seems to be consistent. I expect this fits in with your thoughts on the issue(?).