I have Guacamole running on a raspberry PI 4 with a VNC connection to my Mac.

This worked reasonably well until I recently upgraded to 1.2.0. (in fairness, I
did not test the connection just before upgrading, but have used it recently
otherwise)

Now, whenever I try to connect to the Mac, I get "The Remote Desktop server is
currently unreachable" and it retries a few times before giving up. In syslog,
I see "guacd[880]: VNC connection failed: Authentication or authorization
failure"

On the Mac side, I have screen sharing enabled with a VNC password. I also
tried changing to remote management, and double checked the VNC password.
Screen sharing from another Mac or an iOS device works just fine. I have a few
other SSH connections configured on Guacamole, and that works fine.

Appreciate any ideas on how to further troubleshoot this.