As Nick mentioned, before going further, it's really critical to figure out
where your logs are. They will be somewhere. In addition to messages noting
the login failures, there will be messages noting the extensions that were
successfully loaded, as well as relevant errors regarding things like
certificate validation for LDAPS, the network connection to the database,
etc. Lacking that information, guessing at possible causes will be
counterproductive, as will making configuration changes based on those
guesses.

If you're using the "tomcat" package installed directly from Red Hat's
repository, it will be logging to the systemd journal. If you don't see
logs there, I suggest re-checking - they should be there. For the standard
"tomcat" package, you can narrow the output of journalctl to just messages
from the relevant systemd unit:

    journalctl -u tomcat

If you are not using the package from Red Hat's repository, you'll need to
consult the documentation of the vendor providing your Tomcat package to
find out where they put their logs.

Michael Jumper
CEO, Lead Developer
Glyptodon Inc <https://glyp.to/>.