On Sat, Jul 3, 2021 at 12:06 PM Angal, Rajeev <ran...@visa.com.invalid>
wrote:

> Love Guacamole so far!
>

> For remote Windows servers that support only smartcard authentication,
>  would like the following capabilities:
>
>    1. Smartcard redirection
>    2. Generation of ephemeral certs on the “gateway” for seamless “SSO”
>

> Are these features available or on the roadmap?

The first one is definitely not implemented, yet, and I don't think there's
a JIRA feature issue for it, either.

For the second one, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Several SSO
platforms are supported in Guacamole - CAS, OpenID, and SAML - and within
those some of them have support for validating logins using various means,
including certificates between Guacamole and the SSO IdP. I know there was
a recent e-mail on the list regarding getting SAML to work with certificate
validation, so there may be some issues with that, and it's worth testing
out further.

In the end, doing certificate-based authentication to Guacamole shouldn't
require too much work - the guacamole-ext framework provides relatively
simple ways for supporting new authentication mechanisms, and SmartCards
are really just x509 certificates, so really anything that supports
certificate-based authentication should work. I know CAS supports x509
authentication, so it would probably be reasonably easy to get CAS x509 ->
Guacamole authentication working without having to modify any code at all.