On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 11:01 AM Jim Rx <jimr...@mail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> So I've got 1.4.0 up and going. I'm now trying to connect and test to
> remote stations, and am having no luck.
>
> -The machines have IP connectivity
> -Attempts to connect (RDP) to both a Centos7 VM and a Windows10 VM fail.
> Two different messages show up in catalina.out:
>   HTTP tunnel request failed: Connection to guacd timed out
>   HTTP tunnel request failed: No such tunnel
>
> I have the connections set up for IP/3389, No encryption, Any security
> type, and ignore the server certificate. I have verified that the RDP/XRDP
> service is running on both target VMs.
>
> Any suggestions where to look?

Is guacd running? If so, is it listening on the IPv4 address (127.0.0.1)?
You may need to configure it to listen on IPv4 by setting up a guacd.conf
file with the bind_host set to 127.0.0.1. Newer Linux distros tend to
default to IPv6, particularly for loopback traffic, and this won't work
between Tomcat and guacd by default.

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#configuring-guacd