On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 7:37 AM Vieri <rentor...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> On Sunday, March 20, 2022, 11:53:19 AM GMT+1, Vieri
> <rentor...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > This is my current guacamole.properties
>
> If I replace LDAP connection provisioning with a Postgresql backend, I get
> the expected result: connections are properly loaded even when
> authenticating with SAML.
> So I guess I'm better off migrating from LDAP to Postgresql.

Vieri,
First, thanks for keeping the thread up-to-date and letting everyone know
what worked for you - this is very helpful to the entire community.

Regarding the LDAP module - it won't "stack" with the SSO module in the
same way that the JDBC module does for what you're trying to do. This is
because the LDAP module *always* uses the authentication information of the
user who is logging in to find both group membership and connection
information. The search DN and password are only used to locate the LDAP
object of the user logging in, and then the connection is re-bound with the
credentials of the user who is authenticating to Guacamole. This requires
that the password be provided for the user logging in, and since the SSO
modules don't use a password (at least not directly with Guacamole), and
since successful authentication with one module precludes authentication
from being evaluated in other modules, this won't work - the LDAP module
will never be evaluated for authentication when SSO is used, and, even if
it were, there would be no password provided to it, so it would always fail.

So, yes, if you intend to use SSO to log in to Guacamole, you will need to
store connection data in JDBC, or possibly use the JSON module to
dynamically write it with another (SSO-integrated) service.