On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 4:29 PM Rick . <rille_p...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks again. I'm onboard with the posting/curling of an encrypted json to
> the container. I just assumed I could use json to both add a user and
> connections to the container. But then I guess I still need something like
> postgres and the init.db file to create the user I then include in the
> json? Can the connections exist only in the json before posting and get
> created that way? Or is the json only used as a filter for users and
> connections all of which are already existing in the container?

No, with the JSON extension you do not need the Postgres/MySQL/SQL Server
extension - you can include both the user account information and the
connection information all in the JSON data that you post to the extension,
and Guacamole will provide those connections to the user. If, however, you
want to create other connections in the database module and layer the JSON
authentication on top of that, you can certainly do that, as well. But it
isn't a requirement - the JSON module should be able to operate on its own
without any other supporting modules, either for authentication or
connection storage.