Hello all,

it was simplest than it seems!

I only need to create a local user, add it to tomcat group, then I put new username like this:

[Unit]
Description=Guacamole Server
Documentation=man:guacd(8)
After=network.target

[Service]
User=newuser
Group=tomcat
ExecStart=/usr/local/sbin/guacd -f
Restart=on-abnormal

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

then I run:

systemctl daemon-reload

and after that:

systemctl enable guacd

systemctl start guacd

and now all seems to run as expected!

I have just a little doubt about this "issue":

Feb 21 14:43:18 hcl guacd[906]: File open refused (-2): "\home\newuser\upload" Feb 21 14:43:18 hcl guacd[906]: guacd[906]: ERROR:#011File open refused (-2): "\home\newuser\upload" Feb 21 14:43:20 hcl guacd[906]: File open refused (-2): "\Download\license.xml:Zone.Identifier"

but I can download/upload file; IMHO could be the back slash I can see into logs when I have put slash on Guacamole config page for that connection, but I'm not sure, ATM it works!

Best regards,

Alessandro