David,

Good that it sorted your problem.

Re documentation; it does seem to be an oft-repeated issue, so a note to assist people during installation could well be worthwhile.

If you look at the present native installation instructions here:

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/installing-guacamole.html

and the source here:

https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/_sources/installing-guacamole.md.txt

You will get an idea of the form of the documentation and perhaps from that how best to contribute an addition.

In my view keeping it short and to the point would be best, bearing in mind it is really a freerdp issue, and more of a sysadmin task as you say.

From there you could submit your work to Jira (I think you have an account?) for inclusion in the official guide.

Note I've said the above not being sure whether there is any protocol around the documentation, or submissions on it! I seem to recollect some discussion on this a while ago, but it may have been more to do with content delivery rather than the content itself. In any event I expect if I'm wildly wrong a gentle pointer in the right direction will ensue :)

Otherwise thanks for taking the time to pursue this.