On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 5:36 AM Rao, Amit <amit....@verint.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi ,
>

> We are trying to implement multiple instances of Guac (deployed as AWS ECS
> Cluster (Container)) in different region .
>

> Issue is when I create a Read Replica of RDS MY SQL database to other region
> and spin a new instance of Guacamole in that region I get below error
>

> Guacamole container error :
>

> ### The error may involve
> org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserRecordMapper.insert-Inline
>
> ### The error occurred while setting parameters
>
> ### SQL: INSERT INTO guacamole_user_history (             remote_host,
>      user_id,             username,             start_date,
> end_date         )         VALUES (             ?,             (SELECT
> user_id FROM guacamole_user              JOIN guacamole_entity ON
> guacamole_user.entity_id = guacamole_entity.entity_id              WHERE
>               guacamole_entity.name = ?                AND
> guacamole_entity.type = 'USER'),             ?,             ?,             ?
>        )
>
> ### Cause: java.sql.SQLException: The MySQL server is running with the
> --read-only option so it cannot execute this statement
>

> Question :
>
> Is there a way we can have stop updating table guacamole_user_history , so
> that we don’t update read only database ?

No, there is no way to disable this functionality without modifying the code.

I haven't done much with RDS MySQL, but, IIRC, there's a way (maybe on
Aurora MySQL) to redirect writes to the master DB? You might try this,
instead - I think it would still give you the read replicas you;'re
looking for, but also allow writes to happen as expected.