Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did not notice the 1.6.0 mention in the JIRA
page, my bad.IIRC, the list of tickets to be included in 1.5.0 was quite short
(in quantity, not in amount of work), so I can understand this one went below
the radar.
Best regardsAntoine

    Le lundi 7 août 2023 à 14:00:42 UTC+2, Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> a
écrit :

 On Mon, Aug 7, 2023 at 5:14 AM Antoine Besnier
<besnier_anto...@yahoo.fr.invalid> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I maintain a small unofficial Guacamole docker image, and one user raised an
> issue about missing French Canadian layout in RDP options.
>
> Indeed, there was an Jira ticket with an approved PR
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/GUACAMOLE/issues/GUACAMOLE-1312?filter=allissues
>  and
> https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server/pull/376/commits/9cbd768210a7b2330b16012748d980cb987ea728),
>  and the layout is found on github for Guacamole server.**
>
> There also have been updates to translation files to add the fr_ca mapping to
> the user interface of Guacamole Client
> (https://github.com/apache/guacamole-client/blame/master/guacamole/src/main/frontend/src/translations/en.json#L678)
>
> The modification to the translation files was added in March 2022, meaning it
> could have been implemented since the 1.5.0 release, but none of the official
> WAR files (guacamole-1.5.x.war from
> https://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.5.x/) contain this line, making this
> option invisible to users.
>
> In a similar manner, the Czech translations were approved in the master
> branch in November 2022, but are also not included in 1.5.x.
>
> Would it be possible to have the updated translations files included in the
> next release of Guacamole, and in the mean time, is my only option to build
> the client from github?

Hello, Antoine,
The Jira issue that you linked, GUACAMOLE-1312, is tagged for the
1.6.0 release. I'm not entirely sure why it didn't make it into 1.5.0,
but the releases since 1.5.0 have been bugfix releases where we've not
added any features, however minor they may be.

I think we may have a 1.5.4 release to fix a minor bug, but I would
expect we'll head toward 1.6.0 relatively soon, and it should be
included in that.