On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 3:48 AM Antoine Besnier
<besnier_anto...@yahoo.fr.invalid> wrote:

> Quick follow up, I decided to build from github, and noticed two new
> extensions auth-ban and display-statistics.
>
> They can be found on Github and in the downloadable source for 1.5.3, and
> there is no mention of them in the change log for 1.5.3.

They are on Github, in the master branch, but they are not in the
1.5.3 (or 1.5.x) source at all. I just downloaded a clean copy of the
source from the website:

[vnick@vguac Downloads]$ tar tf guacamole-client-1.5.3.tar.gz |grep
display-statistics
[vnick@vguac Downloads]$ tar tf guacamole-client-1.5.3.tar.gz |grep auth-ban
[vnick@vguac Downloads]$

and also switched to the 1.5.3 tag on Github (screenshot attached),
and verified that neither extension exists in either of those source
locations.

> There are explanations in the relevant PRs (here and here mostly), but not a
> lot more, and they are both flagged for 1.6.0.

Yes, these two extensions have been added to the git repo, but were
not included in any of the 1.5.x releases. They will be included in
1.6.0 when it is released.

> So, my two and a half questions are:
>
> Are those extensions officially supported, safe and ready to use with 1.5.3 ?
> (they do work well for what I quickly tested)

No. In general things should be compatible across the 1.x versions, so
they may work, but they are not "officially supported" with the 1.5.x
releases.

> Is there documentation apart from the PR comments? (there is comment in a PR
> that documentation will be issued later)
> And if not, shouldn't they be removed from the source archive for 1.5.3 and
> only be released with 1.6.0?

Documentation will show up when we actually release it (and the
documentation gets written).