On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 11:47 AM Michael Grattan
<mgrat...@keysso.net.invalid> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Thanks for the reply.
>

> I have tried dnf install freerdp-devel but it says no match.
>

> A dnf search freerdp turns up only the following:
>

> # dnf search freerdp
>
> Updating Subscription Management repositories.
>
> Last metadata expiration check: 0:30:11 ago on Mon 29 Apr 2024 11:03:34 AM
> EDT.
>
> ========================================================== Name Exactly
> Matched: freerdp ==========================================================
>
> freerdp.x86_64 : Free implementation of the Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
>
> ============================================================== Name
> Matched: freerdp
>
> freerdp-libs.x86_64 : Core libraries implementing the RDP protocol
>
> freerdp-libs.i686 : Core libraries implementing the RDP protocol
>

> Is there somewhere else I need to go to download the developer libraries?

Yeah, if you're using one of the later EL-based distros (Rocky 9, CentOS 9
Stream, or RHEL 9) you might need to enable additional repos. For example,
in Rocky 9, it's the "crb" repo:

$ sudo dnf list freerdp-devel
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:13 ago on Mon 29 Apr 2024 01:25:03 PM
EDT.
Available Packages
freerdp-devel.i686
                      2:2.4.1-5.el9