Hi Brian,

I experience the same session disconnects you are describing however we do not
use no-auth and use various hosts (Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012
R2). We do have RDP policies configured to keep the disconnected sessions
running like in your scenario, however in your case, check the policy that
kicks and disconnects idle sessions (this will keep the session still running
in the background -
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754272(v=ws.11).aspx). Even
though we have ensured this policy was configured properly on our servers the
sessions still randomly drop (but much less!). We have particularly noted this
behavior on slow or unreliable internet connections (like cellphone tethering)
and saturated connections (shared wifi at a coffee shop).

The only thing we do that is different than out of the box is utilize mod_proxy
and perform SSL on the web browser connection. This is the path: web browser
(SSL) -> apache(reverse proxy – non ssl) -> guac daemon (same box) -> RDP hosts
both on same segment and remote segments.

From what I can tell after doing tcpdumps, the disconnects are due to chrome
and how it handles the connection between the guac daemon and the client
browser. We have not been able to produce reliable patterns however we are
continuing to monitor the service and network.

Regards,

Andrew