Hi Tom,

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Tom Brown <tombrow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To all,
>
> I have a few questions regarding YARN (with respect to Hadoop):
>
> Are YARN and Hadoop separate, or is YARN the successor to Hadoop?

YARN replaces what used to be plain MapReduce, in order to provide an
API for, and to support development of applications that wish to use a
different distributed processing method than just MR, on top of HDFS.

YARN (called Apache Hadoop YARN presently) is part of Apache Hadoop.
YARN is not "Hadoop".

> What are the major conceptual differences between YARN and Hadoop?

The two can't be compared this way, see above and my previous post to Andy.

--
Harsh J