Hi,

Little confused about where JNI comes in here (you mentioned this in your
original email). Also, where do you want to get the information for the
hadoop job ? Is it in a program that is submitting a job, or some sort of
monitoring application that is monitoring jobs submitted to a cluster by
others ? I think some of this information will drive an answer.

FWIW, JobID.forName(job_id_as_string) would give you a handle to a JobID
tied to a job. Reference:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/JobID.html

Thanks
hemanth