I think Chen is asking replication lost,

so, according to Harsh's reply, in safe mode, NN will know all blocks which has
less replications than 3(by default setup) but no less than 1, and after
getting out from safe mode, it will instruct the real replicating works? Hope I
understand it correctly

Best,

--
Nan Zhu