You can use Hortonworks data platform which already integrates HDFS,
MapReduce and Hive well.
http://hortonworks.com/products/hortonworksdataplatform/

Came across this new solution recently, They claim to be Hadoop based
Standard SQL solution for data analytics.
http://queryio.com/hadoop-big-data-product/hadoop-hive.html

Have not given it a try yet but you can explore it.

-Richard