You want to add any new simple feature to Hadoop or develop an application
using hadoop.

Sometime back another university student wanted to add encryption to
HDFS.Its just a pointer.

Just a problem which might interest your university.

Talk to the IT dept of NSU and collect as much as server logs with their
help. Then write some different MR jobs to analyze those logs and show them
some useful interesting stats.

Thanks,
Rahul