I have some old ( not very old - each of 4GB RAM with a decent processor
etc., and working fine till now ) Dell Windows XP machines and want to
convert them to a Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) for a Hadoop cluster for
my experimental purposes.

Can you give me some suggestions on how to proceed on this plan? My initial
plan is to target 4 to 5 machines.

Does the hardware on which Windows XP machine is based supports RHEL?

Are there any other drivers or software should we install before installing
RHEL on this machines?

How easy/difficult is this, if some one like a Linux Systems Administrator
is involved in this?