Rahul,
In general this issue happens some times in Hadoop. There is no exact reason
for this.To mitigate this you need to run balancer in regular intervals.
Thanks,Sandeep.
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:39:02 +0530
Subject: Re: Application errors with one disk on datanode getting filled up to
100%
From: mail2may...@gmail.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

No, as of this moment we've no ideas about the reasons for that behavior.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <rahul.rec....@gmail.com>
wrote:

Thanks Mayank, Any clue on why was only one disk was getting all writes.

Rahul

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Mayank <mail2may...@gmail.com> wrote:

So we did a manual rebalance (followed instructions at:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#On_an_individual_data_node.2C_how_do_you_balance_the_blocks_on_the_disk.3F)
 and also reserved 30 GB of space for non dfs usage via
dfs.datanode.du.reserved and restarted our apps.

Things have been going fine till now.

Keeping fingers crossed :)

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <rahul.rec....@gmail.com>