'yarn.nodemanager.address' is not required to submit the Job, it will be
required only in NM side.

Thanks
Devaraj k

From: Azuryy Yu [mailto:azury...@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 July 2013 16:22
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: cannot submit a job via java client in hadoop- 2.0.5-alpha

you didn't set yarn.nodemanager.address in your yarn-site.xml

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Francis.Hu
<francis...@reachjunction.com<mailto:francis...@reachjunction.com>> wrote:
Hi,All

I have a hadoop- 2.0.5-alpha cluster with 3 data nodes . I have Resource
Manager and all data nodes started and can access web ui of Resource Manager.
I wrote a java client to submit a job as TestJob class below. But the job is
never submitted successfully. It throws out exception all the time.
My configurations are attached.  Can anyone help me? Thanks.

---------my-java client
public class TestJob {

    public void execute() {

        Configuration conf1 = new Configuration();
        conf1.addResource("resources/core-site.xml");
        conf1.addResource("resources/hdfs-site.xml");
        conf1.addResource("resources/yarn-site.xml");
        conf1.addResource("resources/mapred-site.xml");
        JobConf conf = new JobConf(conf1);

        conf.setJar("/home/francis/hadoop-jobs/MapReduceJob.jar");
        conf.setJobName("Test");

        conf.setInputFormat(TextInputFormat.class);
        conf.setOutputFormat(TextOutputFormat.class);

        conf.setOutputKeyClass(Text.class);
        conf.setOutputValueClass(IntWritable.class);

        conf.setMapperClass(DisplayRequestMapper.class);
        conf.setReducerClass(DisplayRequestReducer.class);

        FileInputFormat.setInputPaths(conf,new
Path("/home/francis/hadoop-jobs/2013070907.FNODE.2.txt"));
        FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(conf, new
Path("/home/francis/hadoop-jobs/result/"));

        try {
            JobClient client = new JobClient(conf);
            RunningJob job = client.submitJob(conf);
            job.waitForCompletion();
        } catch (IOException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }
}

----------Exception

jvm 1    | java.io.IOException: Cannot initialize Cluster. Please check your
configuration for mapreduce.framework.name<http://mapreduce.framework.name> and
the correspond server addresses.
jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Cluster.initialize(Cluster.java:119)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Cluster.<init>(Cluster.java:81)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Cluster.<init>(Cluster.java:74)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.init(JobClient.java:482)
jvm 1    |      at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.<init>(JobClient.java:461)