Hello Sandeep,

You don't have to convert the data in order to copy it into the HDFS. But
you might have to think about the MR processing of these files because of
the format of these files.

You could probably make use of Sqoop <http://sqoop.apache.org/>.

I also came across DMX-H a few days ago while browsing. I don't know
anything about the licensing and how good it is. Just thought of sharing it
with you. You can visit their
page<http://www.syncsort.com/en/Data-Integration/Home>to see more.
They also provide a VM(includes CDH) to get started quickly.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
cloudfront.blogspot.com