Hey thanks for response.  I have changed 4 files during installation

core-site.xml
mapred-site.xml
hdfs-site.xml   and
hadoop-env.sh

I could not find any issues except that all params in the hadoop-env.sh are
commented out.  Only java_home is un commented.

If you have a quick minute can you please browse through these files in
email and let me know where could be the issue.

Regards
ashish

I am listing those files below.
*core-site.xml *
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
    <value>/app/hadoop/tmp</value>
    <description>A base for other temporary directories.</description>
  </property>

  <property>
    <name>fs.default.name</name>
    <value>hdfs://localhost:54310</value>
    <description>The name of the default file system.  A URI whose
    scheme and authority determine the FileSystem implementation.  The
    uri's scheme determines the config property (fs.SCHEME.impl) naming
    the FileSystem implementation class.  The uri's authority is used to
    determine the host, port, etc. for a filesystem.</description>
  </property>
</configuration>

*mapred-site.xml*
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
    <value>localhost:54311</value>
    <description>The host and port that the MapReduce job tracker runs
    at.  If "local", then jobs are run in-process as a single map
    and reduce task.
    </description>
  </property>
</configuration>

*hdfs-site.xml   and*
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>
  <name>dfs.replication</name>
  <value>1</value>
  <description>Default block replication.
    The actual number of replications can be specified when the file is
created.
    The default is used if replication is not specified in create time.
  </description>
</configuration>

*hadoop-env.sh*
# Set Hadoop-specific environment variables here.

# The only required environment variable is JAVA_HOME.  All others are
# optional.  When running a distributed configuration it is best to
# set JAVA_HOME in this file, so that it is correctly defined on
# remote nodes.

# The java implementation to use.  Required.
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk1.7.0_25

# Extra Java CLASSPATH elements.  Optional.
# export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=

All pther params in hadoop-env.sh are commented