Thanks for asking this : Im not sure and didnt realize this until you
mentioned it!

1) Prav:  You are implying that we would use the "Job" Class... but how
could it replace the DC?

2) The point of the DC is to replicate a file so that its present and local
on ALL nodes.   I didnt know it was deprecated, but there must be some
replacement for it - or maybe it just got renamed and moved?

SO ... what is the future of the DistributedCache for mapreduce jobs?

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com