Hi Amit,

I am not sure how are they linked with DistributedCache.. Job configuration
is not uploading any data in memory.. As far as I am aware of how
DistributedCache works, nothing get loaded in memory. Distributed cache
just copies the files into slave nodes, so that they are accessible to
mappers/reducers. Usually the location is
${hadoop.tmp.dir}/${mapred.local.dir}/tasktracker/archive (depends from
distribution to distribution) You always have to read the files in your
mapper or reducer when ever you want to use them.

What has happened is the method of DistributedCache class has now been
added to Job class, and I am assuming they won't change the functionality
of how distributed cache methods used to work, otherwise there would have
been some nice articles on that, plus I don't see any reason of changing
that as well too..  so everything works still the same way.. Its just that
you use the new Job class to use distributed cache features.

I am not sure what entries you are exactly pointing to. Am I missing
anything here ?

Regards
Prav