Don't you think using flume would be easier. Use hdfs sink and use a
property to roll out the log file every hour.
By doing this way you use a single flume agent to receive logs as and when
it is generating and you will be directly dumping to hdfs.
If you want to remove unwanted logs you can write a custom sink before
dumping to hdfs

I suppose this would he much easier