HI Jay,

Below is my understanding of Hadoop+R environment.

1. R contain Many data mining algorithm, to re-use this we have many tools
like RHIPE,RHAdoop,etc
2.This tools will convert R algorithm and run in Hadoop map Reduce  using
RMR,But i am not sure whether it will work for all algorithms in R.

Please let me know if you have any other points.

Thanks,
Saravanan
linkedin.com/in/saravanan303