From: Sri [mailto:hadoop...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 2:51 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Cc: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: R on hadoop

Try OpenSource h2o.ai - a cran-style package that allows fast & scalable R on
Hadoop in-Memory.
One can invoke single threaded R from h2o package and the runtime on clusters
is Java (not R!) - So you get better memory management.

http://docs.0xdata.com/deployment/hadoop.html

http://docs.0xdata.com/Ruser/Rpackage.html

Sri

On Mar 26, 2014, at 6:53, Saravanan Nagarajan
<saravanan.nagarajan...@gmail.com<mailto:saravanan.nagarajan...@gmail.com>>
wrote:
HI Jay,

Below is my understanding of Hadoop+R environment.

1. R contain Many data mining algorithm, to re-use this we have many tools like
RHIPE,RHAdoop,etc
2.This tools will convert R algorithm and run in Hadoop map Reduce  using
RMR,But i am not sure whether it will work for all algorithms in R.

Please let me know if you have any other points.

Thanks,
Saravanan
linkedin.com/in/saravanan303<http://linkedin.com/in/saravanan303>

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Jay Vyas