As far as I know there is no API to kick of M/R jobs. There is for M/R v2,
a REST API to get status of jobs:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.3.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/MapredAppMasterRest.html#Mapreduce_Application_Master_Info_API

I would say that you have invoke M/R jobs in your middle tier or back-end,
you have to implement a custom solution i.e. invoking the M/R jobs in
standard way and then monitoring the status of the job and then update the
UI asynchronously depending on which UI framework or web service
implementation (e.g. WS-Addressing) you are using.

Regards,
Shahab